Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Renters Who Rock

All this chit-chat lately about tenants brings me to this story. I was referred to a nice couple who moved here without investigating how difficult the market happens to be right now. They had been here two weeks and were having trouble getting anyone to help them (they were using Zillow instead of an agent. Zillow has outdated data, just saying).

These lovely folks needed a place to live asap. They understood the market was tight. They were willing to make a wish list and then modify if necessary. Their credit was good. They had no evictions. They had no criminal background. Unfortunately, they did have a snake. (The husband confided in me he hates the snake, but it came with the wife.)

We went looking on two occasions. We saw everything for rent (all seven homes) in a 30 mile radius. They put in two applications on homes that matched most of their criteria and were approved for one property. The other home had several applicants and I suspect the owner had an issue with Fluffy.

Though they had planning skills I don't appreciate, these folks were nice and fun to be around. I enjoyed showing them homes and working with them. And if they didn't have a snake, I might even be willing to visit if they were to invite me over.

No comments:

Post a Comment