Thursday, May 9, 2019

Maybe the Cat Eats the Brownies

"How much do you love me?" I asked Jane today, after I left my listing appointment.

"Why?" she replied.

Jane is no fool.

So I explained how my new clients have a tenant they are asking to leave. Originally they were going to give the tenant a 60 day notice. At that point, I offered to help the tenant find a new rental. After all, why not? I just love rentals--especially in the summer. I love helping folks who need to move ASAP when I have no idea of their background, ability to pay and credit score.

My new clients, now excited at the prospect of selling their home sooner than later, suddenly had a change of heart. Why give 60 days when the law only required 30? That would be better for them. And, even better, it would ensure the tenant would not waste any time looking for a new place to live. They thanked me for being willing to help their friend--she's now a friend, not a tenant who seems to like her herbs smoked or baked into brownies. And gosh, thanks a bunch!

Of course 30 days might be a bit difficult as I am leaving town soon. No worries! As a sales person, I always have a contingency. I explained to my new folks the timing might be off, but never fear, I have a colleague who would simply be delighted to help the tenant/friend find a new place to live.

It is going to cost me a lot of goodwill, but Jane has agreed to help this tenant find a new place to live. I may have forgotten to tell Jane about the tenant's pet cat whose fur smells like pot and was walking around with a bit of a contact high. Perhaps I will just omit that little tid-bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment