Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Election Update

The Early Voting schedule came out and I am not on it. Fourteen hour days for five days at a time are taxing in the best circumstances. And though Texarkana is fairly civil, I don't see any reason to subject myself to extra crazy. Besides, after the additional training we received on what to do if there's a bomb threat, active shooter and other types of discontented voters wishing to do more than express their right to vote, I'm not sorry. 

When I called to confirm I had the next two weeks off (yippee!) I was told there are too many folks who need additional training so Rich has the newer folks working Early Voting, giving the "seasoned" ones the time off. Whether it is truly that or it is because Rich's boss hates me--he really does--I don't care the reason. I'll take my sanity instead. 

I am working the election at my "usual" location in the hood. Plus, I'm working with my favorite Presiding Judge--this is our fourth election together. This time I'm the Alternate Judge. Other than the fact she will be the one signing the time cards, I'm not sure any of the roles and responsibilities between us will change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment