Sunday, September 13, 2026

Arbitrary DeBary, Sunday Edition

Last night three of the four Sunshines and three of the three animals were awakened around 3 a.m. when the back yard motion light flickered on and off. Then, there was a terrible screeching that lasted about 20 minutes. Luna growled, revving to get out the door. The Overlords took center stage in front of the sliding door, watching the ruckus. We looked outside a few times but saw nothing. And from the sound of it, none of us wanted to venture into the back yard. 

"Think it is a couple of birds?" Marty asked. No. I did not. First, most birds around here are diurnal and are sleeping at 3 a.m. Second, whatever it was, jumped over our fence into the retention basin behind us, to continue the brawl. So, bigger, meaner, and the creatures had knees.

We never figured it out. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't a human. 

Perhaps a bobcat? 

Do bears jump fences? Asking for a friend. 

***

Another rock and roll church
Buck and I visited another church today. He liked the vibe better. I liked the fact there was less singing--the pastor actually played the electric bass. The folks were nice. There appears to be a young adult group (the reason Buck is coming with me, I'd just find a Catholic church or Church of Christ at this point.) and several family-friendly events. I did not like the fact the pastor's sermon went--and I'm not making this up--37 minutes. We put this one on the "we'll visit again sometime" list. 

***

It's a busy-ish week in the Sunshine house. We are getting a refrigerator delivered tomorrow. The existing one that came with the house... I'm sorry. I just can't. 

Also, we are finally getting our flooring installed on Tuesday. We knew this day would eventually come. The former owner poorly installed peel and stick tile in two rooms. We had budgeted for new flooring. Once we get the flooring in place, we can unpack more boxes. But first! Floors. 

***

Polly and Sherman broke up. I'm sad for them as a couple. I'm sad for them individually. I like Sherman. But, I'm happy Polly made a confident decision about her future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment