I have a dilemma. Neighbor Karen (who is delightful--and I also happen to like the name Karen) has invited me over for coffee today to meet a few of her friends. I suspect I'll be the youngest person there by about 15 years. Plus, I don't drink coffee, but I'll deal with that hurdle later.
My problem is I don't know where she lives. She's been over three times, each time pointing in the general direction across the street, indicating she lives somewhere that way. I've narrowed it down to four possible places.
The Sunshines this week have been cautiously peeking outside, looking for signs of Karen or Karen's brown car. None of us are any closer to solving this mystery. "What about that house?" Marty said, pointing to the home with the two palm trees. "I think Karen is the type to have rounded hedges. Maybe?" I counter, gesturing to the one two doors down.
About 1:25 today, I'm going to have to start knocking on doors and hope she answers. Or hope that the other three neighbors I haven't met are friendly and maybe one of them will help me out. I mean, if I know Karen after less than two weeks of living here, they must know her too, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment