First, neighbor Karen has invited me to her friend's house this afternoon to play cards. Her group of lady friends started getting together during the pandemic. Does this sound the least bit familiar? (cough, cough, my Texas
Coronas!) I'm nervous, but in a slightly different way.
Last week after book club, I found Sabita before she left and with every bit of courage I had in my soul, invited her to lunch this week. Fortunately, she said yes! She's from Ghana or Toronto. She's mentioned both. She has a lovely, gentle energy which totally does not match mine but reminds me of my friend Bliz (who is chill in all circumstances except when she isn't). Anyway, tomorrow is our lunch.
Then, there is a Master Gardener chat at the library on Thursday. I am dragging Marty. I won't be joining the Master Gardeners for reasons too annoying for this bit of cyber space, but I can still learn and continue my plant pursuits. By the way, my garden is on hold at the moment, more on that later.
Now then, I will cancel the Master Gardener talk if I have to because... SQUEE!!!! Mrs. Meadows happens to be in town!!! Okay, she's an hour away visiting her daughter. But, she's nearbyish and a lot closer in proximity than when I lived in Mesa and her in Cochise County. No date has been set for our visit, but if she wants Thursday, I'm game.
No comments:
Post a Comment