Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Preparing for Blueberry Picking.

This morning I asked Buckaroo to get the hoes and shovels from the shed, explaining to him I'm going blueberry picking. He raised an eyebrow when I showed him the picture of where I'm going. "YOU, are going THERE? YOU???" 

He had a point. After all, how am I supposed to pick blueberries if I'm busy guarding my life against snakes? 

So, I texted Leah, asking her if I can bring a friend. The friend turned out to be Deb, the Queen of the Coronas and some distant relation to Leah. Essentially, they know each other and why not? The more the merrier in the South. 

I then pulled a page from the Deb Playbook and volun-told her I'd be picking her up around 6 tonight. Dress for poison ivy. I  sent her a picture of where we are going, letting her know I will be happy to gather the blueberries while holds vigil with the shovel. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for a good harvest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment