Thursday, September 12, 2024

Decompression

It seems my only life events worth speaking about are the fact I'm a published author (a life goal realized!) and Bonus Dad (a life worth knowing!). And given Bonus Dad is much more important than 260 pieces of paper, that's where I'll start. 

I spoke with Bonus Dad this morning. I told him with the amount of time he's spent in the hospital I was surprised they weren't charging him rent. He laughed at my joke. He's supposed to have surgery today or tomorrow. he wasn't sure. 

Bonus Dad has a few complications which have come to light from the heart attack. Hopefully the surgery today (or tomorrow--Bonus Dad was pretty hungry when we spoke, so either give the poor guy a meal or take care of this!) will remedy these issues. He's ready to go back to Phoenix. 

As for me, I'm still exhausted. It's Thursday and I have only left the house once in the past 36 hours and that was to grab a coffee for ailing Buckaroo. I'm reconsidering showing up at Corona Night tomorrow--which will set off a string of invitations, text messages and phone calls from fabulous and wonderful people I'm not ready to be around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment