Wednesday, September 11, 2024

In Other News

Through sheer determination and the fact I hadn't noticed my phone hadn't reset to Central time, I was on the road yesterday much earlier than expected. That may have been Providence, because I missed Little Rock rush hour and made it home before dark. Incidentally, Little Rock is the largest city I drive through to get to and from nowhere Michigan because I'm hell-bent on not driving in Indianapolis. 

The family is under strict orders to tell nobody I'm back. I need a couple days to recover. However, on Monday I let it slip to Deb I'd be at Friday's Corona night. 

Bonus Dad had a scan yesterday and is having a procedure today. This has nothing to do with his heart attack. Two weeks ago today he went into the hospital. Because he will be tied up with all of the above, I'll call him in the morning. I'm figuring he will be tired today. Hopefully he can be transferred to a skilled nursing facility soon. When I talked to him Monday, he came to the conclusion that when he got back to Phoenix (next week??) he won't be living in his home for a while. I pointed out that getting older is a humbling way of letting others have a chance to love on him. 

Hurricane Francine is hanging out in the Gulf. And that's bad because it means she's potentially gathering power. Beryl was a category 5 when he* hit. I'm hoping this one is weaker. Francine is the reason I headed back--well, that and Icky (Bonus Dad's youngest) arrived ten days earlier than he expected to take over, and the reason I'd been called up to help became redundant. Anyway, with Francine making landfall today, I didn't want to be driving in the aftermath, because there is a swath of the United States which is going to be affected by the storm. Plus, Beryl spawned off 68 tornadoes in this area alone. I'm hoping Francine has better manners.  

Speaking of Francine, Polly is supposed to go to Galveston this weekend. Her plans are up in the air--depending upon where Francine makes landfall. 

 *Yep, hurricanes have pronouns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment