Sunday, May 26, 2024

Early Voting Ended with a Blast

Ok... actually it ended with tornado sirens piercing the air. And let's not forget the lightening and thunder. And wind. Definitely, don't forget the wind. 

Friday night's weather

When I got home, I found Buckaroo casually walking around the house pulling down all my father's stained glass lamps. He didn't want to be perceived as taking the entire event seriously, but still wary enough to realize we were in the middle of a bad-ass storm. Though we were supposed to, we opted not to take shelter in the bathroom. Instead, I gulped down my dinner, while everyone else watched the radar. For the record, we were ready to hang out in the bathroom if necessary--but I was doing it after I ate the only meal I had all day. 

Incidentally, though I got to go home after we'd closed the voting poll, Deb and the presiding judge had to drive to the courthouse in New Boston (about 20 miles away), where a tornado had touched down. 

Tornados are another one of those scary things I did not sign up for when I agreed to live in Texarkana. 

No comments:

Post a Comment