Saturday, May 11, 2024

Retailing in Texarkana

 I just googled "What time does Wal-Mart open." Because other than the Waffle House, nothing is open 24/7 around here. 

Speaking of Waffle House, there are two of them on the Texas side. They are--and I'm not making this up--one mile apart. One is at exit 223 and the other 224 (or exit 1, if you are heading West on Interstate 30 in Arkansas). I can't imagine a need for two Waffle Houses. But then again, the Waffle House a big deal in the South. 

What else is a big deal in the South? Dollar Generals. There are three within a mile of me. I just counted: for a population of less than 40,000 (Texas side) there are 9 Dollar Generals. On the Arkansas side (another 30,000), there are 8.  Someday I will have to do a deep-dive post into Dollar General. 

No comments:

Post a Comment