Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Early Voting

I'm working a few days of early voting this week. The air conditioning is out at the site I'm working at. Unfortunately, it is also the same place I'm working on election day. 

I have a neck fan--which helps. The City of Texarkana provided us a few fans also, hoping that will "dry up" any condensation which might be all over the floor. I'm uncomfortable without the AC there, but not hot the way I'm hot when I'm in Phoenix. The fans help. Yesterday someone walked in, felt the sweltering room and announced, "Bless y'all's heart!"

This is the Republican runoff election. It is (apparently) a hotly contested election. I didn't expect it to be super-busy, but oh my! In addition to Republicans coming in, many Democrats came in, trying to vote. Unfortunately, they missed the part where it is called the Republican runoff. A woman called me "stupid" when I told her she was ineligible but we were looking forward to seeing her at the Presidential election in November. Speaking of Presidential election, some of these folks need a civics lesson because the number of people who were expecting to vote for President yesterday was astounding. 

I'm just a measly clerk this week--which is fine by me. Next week, I'm the presiding judge at this location. I'm not worried about the hotly contested election. I'm more concerned about the lack of air conditioning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment