Thursday, May 30, 2024

The Last Few Days

I made it through another election day. We only had a marginal bit o'crazy, which I'm sure is just a dress rehearsal for the big game in November. 

Incidentally, if you voted in early voting and come back six days later on election day, demanding your "right to vote" while telling me you have no idea why your name is blocked out, let me just say this: You do know why your name is blocked out--YOU ALREADY VOTED. And causing a major scene in front of the entire voting room will not change what we both know to be the truth. Nor will it make me happy if your shenanigans cause me to end up in the courthouse timeout room at 9 p.m. election night. 

I know who you are. You darn well better hope I don't see you around town. I might kick you in the shin. 

In other news, I worked a very long day Tuesday. Longer than it should have been thanks to a certain jerk with a target on his shin. 

Yesterday, Buckaroo and I made the normally 3 hour drive to Dallas in four and a half hours. We watched the Diamondbacks lose and then made the trek back to Texarkana. We left the stadium at 5 and arrived home at 11:30. In other news, every--EVERY--traffic light in Dallas was out. 

I like spending time with Buck--we had a great day! And Corona Gail was there with her husband. It was fun to run into them. They wisely spent the night in Dallas. Next time Buck and I will too. 

Today Queen Deb and I went over and brought Corona Krissy lunch. She's homebound in between her chemo treatments. She graciously showed us her garden. Squee! 

Tomorrow, I sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment