Monday, May 27, 2024

My Date with Marty

Truth in Advertising
Saturday morning, I wrote N1, E2, S3, W4 on a piece of paper and told Marty to pick a number between 1 and 4. He chose 3. We went South. 

We went to Shreveport for lunch. At the recommendation of Deb, the Queen of the Coronas, we found Gibbons, a relatively modest place with fabulous food. Next weekend, we will be taking the young adults here for a family outing lunch. For the record, I was happy to drive 72 miles to a good restaurant over the garbage served in Texarkana for twice the price. Like I pointed out to Marty, when we lived in Mesa, my brother was 50 miles away in the same metro area. Saturday were three states away and in another world. 

We then went to Joanne's where I bought fabric so I can make myself a pair of yoga pants. Poor Marty was a good sport, helping me pick up sewing tools and fabric (I might have also bought fabric for two quilts I'm working on as well). 

On the way back, we stopped by Southern Maid Donuts--which are truly the best donuts in existence. Tessa introduced them to me last year. Marty and I munched on these wonderful balls of sugar-coated carbs while being grateful the closest Southern Maid Donuts shop is three states away. 

By the way, Elvis Presley sang the Southern Maid Donuts jingle--the only commercial Elvis ever made. (Found this article on Southern Maid Donuts: https://www.southernliving.com/travel/louisiana/southern-maid-donuts-shreveport-la)

Incidentally, Marty already selected our next Saturday outing: Paris Texas. It's an hour and a half away Northwest of us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment