Tuesday, October 12, 2021

My Knight

Buckaroo with the greatest of his superheroes. 

Buckaroo turned 19 today. I can't believe that six-foot kid is the same one who carried a stuffed zebra and monkey around with him everywhere until he was 12. He still loves action heroes and all things strong and powerful.  

As a child, Buck is the one who tested my resolve and challenged me to be better than I thought I could be. He still does that now with me. But this time it isn't me having to jump in because he thinks shooting the full lawnmower gas can with the BB gun sounds, "cool." 

Buckaroo makes everyone laugh with his quick wit and he is by-far the best storyteller in our family.  This guy has a great moral compass. He has a strong sense of purpose and picks those who are in his life wisely. He knows what he wants to do. I love that about him.  

I can't wait to see what the future holds for him and his sister. But today, I will reminisce about that little boy who carried around (EVERYWHERE) a stuffed zebra and monkey and still loves his heroes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment