Thursday, April 4, 2024

The Tuesday Night/Friday Afternoon Hang

My occasional Tuesday night/Friday afternoon hang, is a group of retired teachers. They also comprise my third book club. I don't think I've written about them, because I'm not as entrenched on a personal level. However, make no mistake, I think these ladies are just as wonderful--but in a different way than my church of Christ friends. 

The Church of Christ women are very sweet and Southern, preferring to keep topics to polite society, Jesus and family. 

My Tuesday night/Friday afternoon ladies are more down to earth, keeping their topics to family, politics, and one or two of them have been known to drop a four letter word when the occasion exists.

If you were to put either crowd in Downtown Phoenix, the Tuesday night/Friday afternoon ladies would figure out how to forage, catch an Uber and hit Scottsdale Fashion Square and then meet up in Old Town and close out the night. The Church of Christ Ladies would high-tail it to Mesa. Both groups would brag they had the best time--and I'd believe them.

I don't go out with my Tuesday/Friday group every week. Other obligations, etc. However, after being shut off from the world because of my foot, I asked Marty to drop me off at the restaurant Tuesday night. Turns out out a few of them remembered I had a birthday. My gift was pretty flowers and a lot of laughs from amazing women who bring out the best in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment