Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Ode to Joy

A friend of mine told me recently to surround myself with people and events which bring me joy. Those words I've taken to heart and it has made a huge difference in my everyday choices. 

Yesterday, I received a group thread text from the Catholic Ladies, saying they were having a meeting this week. Wait! I thought they met on the third Thursday of the month? And crap! I had nothing booked to counter this stupid meeting. Plus, they are going to an expensive restaurant where more than half of the menu consists of shellfish. 

And then I started brewing.  

Originally, I figured I could just fade away and some organized person would drop me from their volunteer list. Given that hadn't happened, I took action. I called the woman who brought me on to this group and told her this wasn't the season for me to be involved. I needed to step back. 

Frankly, I'm sure this isn't news to anyone in this group--if they even think of me at all. And given last time they were looking for volunteers to clean the church nobody signed up to help me, I'm going with nobody is thinking of me.  

Letting this go has made my heart lighter. I'm happier. I am feeling the joy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment