Monday, June 26, 2017

Napoleon Complex James

I had an unusual experience with James, the real estate agent today. I e-mailed him last night, asked for clarification because I was pretty sure I misunderstood that he had unknowingly obligated me (to my client) to do something that generally was not in my scope of standard of care. It was his responsibility.

When I asked him about it, he wrote back the nastiest, unprofessional note I had gotten from a fellow colleague in a long time. To be fair, we (as agents) are all on the same side. Yes, we represent our own clients, but our goal is the same: get the transaction closed. So, why be unkind?

His true issue, I  believe, was he didn't want to work the weekend, so he told my client I would run a fool's errand he truly was responsible for. It wasn't that I (mostly) minded driving the 130 miles through afternoon traffic today, I did mind the rude bullshit response I got when I asked about why he chose to obligate me.  Bullies shouldn't be tolerated. Unfortunately, there are those who think the only way to interact with those they work with is to be unbridled asses. This agent is the poster-child for unbridled asses.

It crossed my mind to set up a bunch of fake e-mails and write yelp reviews about this dude. I decided not to because, there is no such thing as a good property management review anyway. Besides, my karma needs all the help it can get.

My poor client oblivious to this stupid issue or the level of abuse I tolerated get this done, was grateful beyond belief when I showed up at her work and handed her keys. She had no idea what I had gone through. My client, however was grateful. She hugged me. She thanked me, repeatedly. And I suspect I might hear from her again in the future.

None of her gratitude would have happened if I had fought with this guy. That was enough of a reward for me. His karma can speak for itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment