Thursday, September 21, 2017

Blessed with Work

In case it ever comes up, the absolute fastest way to get busy in real estate is to leave town. Yesterday, my first day back in Arizona, I:

  • negotiated a contract for my seller
  • wrote an offer for my buyer
  • verified in another house that the AC and Heat did indeed work. I then wrote an inspection notice for this property
  • drove more than 180 miles and never left the metro area
  • had text message chats with five different agents all between the hours of 8 and 10 p.m. 
  • sent 7 documents out to be signed and then sent them to their respective parties who were waiting on signed documents
  • set up showing appointments for today (because squeezing in more showings yesterday would have been unfair to my unsuspecting client who also wants to buy a home. I simply ran out of time.)
  • agreed to hold open two homes this weekend--neither of which are listings belonging to my brokerage. But both are from agents I am friendly with and think of me when they need an open house. 

Oh yea, I delivered an envelope with a five pound report, that basically said I am being sued to my lawyer in the middle of this. I am told not to worry, but I am fretting.

Today my day started with text messages at 6 a.m. from the agent who was looking at the contract I wrote yesterday and had (reasonable) questions. I am so happy to be working. I am feeding my family. I like having a job with flexibility. I was able to help Polly with her biology and take Buckaroo to golf today. An office job might be a bit saner, but I wouldn't be around to see my kids grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment