Thursday, September 28, 2017

My Sellers Did Sign

Since I have gotten back from Michigan, I have been running around, working 12 plus hours a day. This is not a complaint. I am blessed with work. What is a complaint is the number of new agents out there who seem to be still stuck emotionally in junior high.

For example, I talked to Alexa today. I happen to know she is a new agent, so I have been pretty patient with her rookie-ness. Today, the only reason I ended up talking to her was because she would not stop texting me. Her text messages went like this.

Alexa: Did you get my inspection report?

Me: Yes. I will call you later.

Alexa: Are the sellers going to sign it?

Me: I can't talk right now, can I call you later? I don't think it will be an issue.

Alexa: But they haven't signed it???  (the sellers have five days to sign it. It had been less than twelve hours since I received it).

Me: I can't talk right now. No. They haven't signed. I will call you later. There is not an issue from what I can see.

Alexa: Is there a problem???

Before I can answer, Alexa is calling me. I respond with a text saying, "I can't talk right now."

Alexa: Are the sellers backing out? Is that why they haven't signed it?

Three seconds later...

Alexa: My buyer is freaking out (yes, those are her words). What is going on that the seller hasn't signed the inspection report?

Me: It's all good. I can't talk right now. I will call you in an hour.

The phone promptly rings. I ignore. Not a minute longer another text message.

Alexa: I thought this was going well. I am shocked. We (she and I) have been getting along so well.

Finally I called her. I even used the phrase, "Bless your heart, I know you are just chomping at the bit to get this house sold. I so appreciate it... Your clients are lucky to have you." I never did manage to convince her that my client really does have five days to respond. I can tell you, this can't close fast enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment