Wednesday, September 20, 2017

This Past Week

Buckaroo being Buckaroo

Buckaroo and I went to the second knuckle of the index finger of the Michigan mitten this past week to visit Mr. Reader Number 2. He was up there, minding his own business, getting used to be a widower--if one gets used to that kind of thing. It has been exactly two months today since Reader Number 2 closed her eyes for the last time.

I haven't recovered from her passing. And to be fair, if I haven't, you can imagine what MRN2 must be going through loosing his wife after 53 years of marriage.

Buckaroo lifting a VERY heavy log. 
Anyway, we went to mid-state Michigan (there is still the whole upper peninsula above where we were) to keep him company or something. We also helped with the garden, made jigsaw puzzles, read--I am currently binge-reading Grisham--, cried a lot and laughed more. MRN2 (you know that stands for Mr. Reader Number 2, right?--it is just a lot to write), told me I am still a part of his family and I should never, ever, think otherwise. It was nice to hear even if I knew it already.

We drug Buckaroo to the Lumberman's Monument on the Au Sable River, Iargo Springs, the Civilian Conservation Corp's Memorial and Hartwick Pines National Forest. Buckaroo, in turn, drug me to a corn maze. And oh yes, there may have been ice cream. Michigan really should be known for their ice cream. As soon as I finish this blog I am going to contact their chamber of commerce. They are missing out on a huge opportunity.

The weather was simply beautiful. The wildlife was kinda cool too. Except the five snakes I saw in one day. I could have lived without that. There were deer, raccoons, possums and porcupines roaming around.

I am already missing MRN2 I heard from him today and his e-mail made me smile. He is a nice byproduct of 30 years of friendship with Reader Number Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment