Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Bonus Family

Bonus Dad at Bonus Mom's Grave Site

Last week I went to northern Michigan for Bonus Mom's memorial. It was a small affair. There were tears and laughter. Lots of both. Some people are worth each and every tear. Bonus Mom was one of them. She was also worth each and every smile, chuckle and deep belly laugh.

Family is a funny word with loose definitions. We have the family we are born with. We can have the one we marry into. We pick neither of those. Then there is the chosen family. I have very close friends as well as two two nephews-by-heart, one who has a wife and daughter. I would move the Earth and Sun for them if they needed it. I would do anything for my Bonus family I was with this past week. I love, love, love my blood family. I accept my husband's family. But I cherish the family I chose and who chose me.


No comments:

Post a Comment