Thursday, December 19, 2019

Adventures in December

Though I am sorry this sale fell through, I am not sorry to have the time to just cave at home (plus, it wasn't right for my clients).  I am not the best at self-care, and I think listening to my own needs is becoming a greater priority as I get older.  At this point, I am seriously threatening to turn off my phone for two weeks. That is, unless you are someone I like, then I will keep my phone on for you.

______________________


Bliz got word from her doctor, the cancer had not spread to her lymph nodes, but she is refusing to celebrate until she gets word from the oncologist she doesn't need further treatment. As far as I'm concerned, Christmas came for me the day she shared this.

______________________


Buckaroo and I have taken on a monumental project for Polly's Christmas present. We are refinishing a desk. It isn't just a desk, it is a desk with about 10,000 drawers, made of 20,000 kinds of wood. We refinished the top and are painting the sides and drawers (because the top and the drawer wood doesn't match from one drawer to another, so the stain comes out as different colors). The $25 Goodwill desk is becoming a very expensive Goodwill desk, as we didn't really have any supplies to begin with. Of note, Marty had no idea I knew anything about how to refinish furniture. He is now under some crazy and mistaken impression that I should ditch the entire real estate thing and refinish furniture for a living. I don't think he is joking.


______________________


I was nominated for a leadership program at the local realtor association. Interviews are scheduled for early January. If selected, the program comes with a time and money commitment. It isn't terribly expensive, but the money was coming out of my business account, not the family account. This sale not going through means that my business account is a bit light. I am deciding if I want to continue with this process and roll the dice I can make this happen. Or, should I beg off, knowing that the funds aren't really readily available and it wasn't meant to be. I am giving myself until Monday to decide. But I think I am leaning towards begging off. Perhaps skipping this will give me more time for furniture refinishing or self-care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment