Monday, December 23, 2019

Jane's Real Estate Adventure

Last weekend, Jane and Mr. Jane bought a house in another state. They are moving in a few weeks. I am excited for them, but sad for me.

I will miss discussing our children (and her one grandchild on the way), how she is the older and wiser one--by 9 days--and I am the younger and clever one. I will miss discussing our pets and husbands and everyday life. I will miss talking about real estate and some of the strange adventures we took. I will miss her threats to throat punch me when I make a snarky comment once in a while all the time.

I will just miss her.

But one can't be friends for 46+ years and worry that it will be over with a few miles between us. Hopefully my next adventure with her will be a trip to visit some time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment