Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Only the Universe is Laughing

Early last week, while Polly and I were out running errands, and in an unassuming bliss, Marty sent me a job requisite with a note that said, "this job looks cool." 

Sigh... Of course it did. 

And of course, it is out of state. But hey! At least it isn't in Florida! By the way, I haven't looked up anything about the community, other than the general price of homes for sale and rent. And even that took less than 2 minutes to satisfy my curiosity. 

The first job interview was yesterday. 

I don't know if the interviews will amount to anything. But I have to say, I thought we had put a bit of a hold on this phase of our lives--at least for a little while longer. But then again, Marty looking at out of state jobs seems like a cosmic joke at this point. 

Incidentally, because I am at home with three other cooped up people, and two of them are young adults, I dusted off the ole' resume and applied for a few local jobs. I doubt anything will come of my whim, especially if Marty manages to charm a few HR folks in other states. But it was nice to just be able to see I might be qualified for something other than working in a call center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment