Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Peer Review

For some reason, real estate agents are forgetting their commitment to the Code of Ethics lately. I know this because there are nine cases in front of the grievance committee this month. I am peer reviewing one of them. It is 75 pages long. Nope, that's not a typo. I wasn't given this case because I am special. I was given this case because my name was randomly selected. In other words, just my luck. 

The actual buyer is a young 20-something who has put a lot of drama into her narrative. The girl states everything made her "distraught" and she did a lot of crying. And oh yes, her stomach hurt. Yep, that's part of her complaint. 

The case is interesting on a few levels, and I may write about it more, once we meet because I am curious how the committee is going to tackle some of these (legitimate) issues she is mentioning. In any case, may I just offer this pro tip: If you have a grievance with any member of the Arizona Realtor community and file a complaint, please don't make it 75 pages and in your narrative, stick with the facts. Telling random strangers you are crying and feeling "stressed-out" isn't relevant. 

Later: it should be noted, I have now read through every single case. I won the lottery when it comes to cases. I much prefer the stressed out buyer than anything else I read. More blogs later, I am sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment