Thursday, July 28, 2022

Hobbies

To his credit, Marty Sunshine has strongly encouraged me to pursue my interests since we arrived in Texarkana. Honestly, I never had much time to do so when the kids were younger. Now I do. Because of this, I'm like a toddler in a toy store, running from here to there, looking at shiny, squeaking objects. I am strung-out on sensory overload.  

Currently, I'm working on Polly's birthday present. She's getting a chair for her desk. It was rescued from a thrift store and is being repainted and a new seat has already been put on. I woke up at 4:30 this morning to finish it, only to find Polly wide awake. So, hopefully I can try again tomorrow at 4:30 a.m. 

I have a few other furniture projects stacking up in the garage. Plus, Mrs. Meadows gave me this wooden box that needs a bit of love. its pretty ugly right now. I have most of what I need to make it less so--though I'm going for a rustic--including new hardware I ordered through Amazon. Hopefully I will finish that project this weekend.  

In addition to the furniture, there's the ever-evolving garden. It is still alive, and I'm making plans for next year. Also, I hate the way the front garden looks, so Marty is on notice that we will be making some drastic changes this fall. 

 Of course, there's the great American novel. That's going well. More on that some other time. 

And then, there's my latest obsession: sewing. I estimate I watch about 3,873 sewing videos every day. I have a small house, and way too many sewing supplies now. Amazon has even brought me bulk zippers and cloth this past week. I am limiting my pilgrimages to Hobby Lobby to once a week. 

This is a birthday present for my friend Bliz. I'm seeing her in August. There were about 16 other variations of this bag that I made which didn't come out this well. This one though! 




No comments:

Post a Comment