Tuesday, May 16, 2023

I'm in Arizona

I spent a few days with Mrs. Meadows. I spent a few days in Peoria at my brother's house. I saw several friends, though there are a few who didn't work into my schedule and that makes me sad. I also saw Bonus Dad. My hair is now cut and colored, though I couldn't convince my hair stylist of umpteen years to come out to Texarkana to take care of my locks every few months. So, next time I make it back to the Valley, she will do this again. Also, I made it to Winco to pick up coffee for Polly and Buck and peanut butter for me. I also made it to this little dive to pick up tamales which will be shoved into an ice chest and brought back to Texarkana. And oh yes! Tomorrow I'm taking Patrick to the movies and then to dinner at Pita Jungle. 

In addition to all that, I saw my doctor who evaluated my hand and gave me a bunch of exercises to help it heal properly. I had suspected my hand wasn't healing right. He agreed. I'm on the right track now. I miss my doctor. 

It was 104 degrees today in Phoenix. The high in Texarkana was 80. I am missed so much at home that even Buckaroo struck up a conversation with me. 

Next week we will be celebrating Mother's Day--which is very sweet of my family. They already laid pavers in my garden, which is what I wanted.  We will eat tamales and play board games. That's all I want. Laughing with my kids and Marty. 

The only other major Tex-Town news is that Luna caught another turtle and brought it inside last week. Polly tried to convince her to drop it. Instead, she rushed under my bed with the darn thing and Polly had to chase her down before she'd release it. You know... maybe I'm glad I missed that drama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment