Saturday, September 30, 2023

Back to the Museum of Measurement and Time

Bonus Dad arrived Monday and we spent the week hanging out and doing life together. I dragged him to my Community Garden Coalition meeting Tuesday. We toured three small-town museums during the week as well. One of which, I knew would be right up his left-brained alley: the Museum of Measurement and Time. I mean, who wouldn't want to drive fifty miles to see a crap-ton of clocks, salt and pepper shakers and engineering equipment? 

It's a lot like this. A lot.
Actually, the place is pretty cool. I've been there twice now. Once with my brother and nephew last summer. But twice is enough. So, if you come to visit, I'm gonna pass. We will find somewhere else to hang. 

By the way, here's the link to a short video (Museum of Measurement and Time) of the place. 

My theory is the wife of the guy who owns the stuff  got sick of tripping over all of his crap "collection" and told him to move it somewhere else. So, he bought a commercial building in Jefferson Texas and displayed it there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment