Monday, October 16, 2023

Corona Party

Yesterday, I went to see Menopause, The Musical. It was freakishly accurate. 

There were 12 of us who sojourned the hour drive to Shreveport for this occasion. Afterwards, we had a surprise party for Tessa, who turned 70 69. Deb, her very best buddy in the whole wide world, swore to us it was Tessa's 70th. I was pretty sure it was not. No matter, Tessa was surprised and doesn't look a day over 35.

On the way back, Gail and I watched the Rangers-Cheaters Astros game on her phone in the back seat of Deb's car while Leah looked like she wanted to be anywhere other than listening to us talk baseball. In the front seat, Tessa and Deb were doing their very best impersonation of Bliz and me on a road trip (Tessa/Me: "Now turn there. No, not there. I meant there." Deb/Bliz: "Get it together before I make you walk!").

I love being with perpetually happy people who make me laugh. 

Suzy, Ginny and Linda couldn't make it.
This is the rest of us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment