Wednesday, October 4, 2023

I Didn't Sign Up For This Either

 It rained today. 

A lot. 

Here are a few random Texarkana pictures, which really do not do this water justice. These were all taken by folks who braved the weather and posted them on Texarkana-specific web sites. Incidentally, I recognize all of these particular places and they are less than two miles from my home. 

What I didn't take a picture of was the water level that was about a couple of inches below my garage's  electrical outlet around 1 p.m. today. That was a fun ordeal. Polly and I became very creative while we worked to get the water out of the garage and build a make-shift barrier to stop it from coming back in. Sigh... I didn't need that area rug that we used because I didn't have sandbags.  

On Friday, the first day the sun is supposed to shine, I will be cleaning out the garage. Sadly, the furniture I'd set aside to refinish this winter is probably ruined too. Too bad, I'd found four really nice pieces. The good news is water didn't get to the freezer, which was at the back of the garage. However, it got under the freezer. 







No comments:

Post a Comment