Friday, November 3, 2023

Socially

Nobody, I mean, nobody, would have ever accused me of being social before moving to Texarkana. Yet, here I am. 

This past week while working the early voting polls, about 200 people came through during my shifts. I knew about 20 of them by name. The other poll workers were astounded at how many people I greeted. And frankly, when I looked back, so was I. Some were Coronas. Others were Church of Christ folks. A couple were random people I've met here and there. There were even a couple of the Master Gardener folks. And, there were three from my church, of which, one was from the Ladies Auxiliary. Given the heavy-jaw glare she threw at me, I'm guessing she probably wouldn't have said hello if I hadn't said hi first. Bless her heart. Of course, there was also Buckaroo. 

I contrasted the woman from the Ladies Auxiliary who showed up to vote about the same time as Corona Patty. The difference in their energy and overall demeanor was apparent. To be fair, it was probably apparent in my overall demeanor too. I'm okay with that, nor am I sorry. I feel like I'm at my best when I'm around positive people who bring out my best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment