Thursday, December 14, 2023

A Christmas Party I Attended

I went to the Thursday Lunch Bunch's Christmas party today. Most of the ladies there are Coronas. All of them are from the Church of Christ except me and, well, Tessa the Realtor (who happens to be a Corona) showed up. 

Krissy was our hostess. We all brought a dish to share and our Holiday Spirit. Oh yes! There was also a donation for kids clothes if anyone wanted to contribute. But otherwise, this party didn't break the bank. There was one shrimp dish. Krissy made sure to stick it on another counter and without explaining why, told everyone not to cross contaminate. 

We played silly party games, ate too much and laughed until our sides ached. I have plans with Tessa to grab tacos next week. Deb invited me to a comedy club next weekend. Gail put me on the Church of Christ's new book club Facebook group (they've changed communication venues and my name got dropped off so I've missed a meeting or two. I figured I'd eventually get that fixed, but I'd been in no hurry). Oh yes, I was able to pass along to Jenny next year's Master Gardener class info. 

If I ever wondered whether I was still an outsider or imposter trying to fit in, I think I can give that up now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment