Monday, December 11, 2023

A Winter's* Nap

*I realize the calendar says autumn for two more weeks. However, it was 29 degrees last night.

I've been sick. I probably was sick long before I declared I was sick. And if I'd just paid attention, I might have been up and running faster. Right now I'm in the punky, I-want-a-nap-but-there's-no-reasonable-reason-why-I-can't-load-the-dishwasher phase of sick. I'm still debating if I'm healthy enough to go to barre tonight. I'll decide after my nap.

The good news about this development is it kyboshed a few extra social activities from my schedule. Tell me why everyone feels the need to socialize in December? Those who want to celebrate Groundhog Day: they are my people. 

In other news: I'm shopping for an insurance agent. I found one last week. I was ready to write the policy and she ghosted me. I'm still scratching my head over this one. I don't beg people to take my money and I don't give money to flakes. Hence, looking for a new insurance agent who writes Texas Blue Cross policies. But it has to happen this week because open market ends Friday.

Also, as I mentioned, I have a barre class tonight. I would be excited if I had the energy. When I moved here, I looked at the three yoga studios in town and decided I didn't care for any of them. All exclusively handled hot yoga and nothing else. One of the studios has now moved to downtown and is expanding their line of classes to regular yoga (yay!), pilates and barre. I haven't done barre since before the lockdown. But I remember liking it. 

Off for a nap and then to make a call or two for an insurance agent. Surely someone around here wants to write a policy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment