Sunday, December 17, 2023

Year Two of Arizona Avenue

Today marks two years living in Texas (more on that later). Like last year, I took a picture every month of our home. Just because. 

 

January




February. 

It is not an exaggeration when I say it rained every week--multiple days on end--from right after Christmas until the first week of June. So, the fact I managed to take a picture in February on a sunny day is something of a miracle. 

March 


See those yellow dots in the middle of the left edge? Those are daffodils. They came out early this year because of all the rain. 


April 

My tulips are blooming in this picture. Trust me on this. 

May

The crepe myrtles in the front are starting to bloom! 


June

Because of my gardener training, I learned I had a sick lawn. Mainly it was weeds with a little bit of grass thrown in. Well, I also learned how to fix it so my lawn could look like this. And yes, this is probably my finest achievement, thus far in my master gardener training. 

July

I keep being told "Texas summers are the worst." They are "hot." They are "humid." 
Y'all, I can walk outside on the concrete barefoot in July here. I can touch my car with the palm of my hand and not get burned. These folks don't know what a hot summer is. 

As far as humidity, I am not finding it terrible. But I'd take 90 degrees and being able to go outside in July and humidity over 110 degrees and having to stay indoors.  

August


The crepe myrtles are still blooming. We have about nine crepe myrtles in the back yard as well. They are ubiquitous and drive anywhere and you will see them. When they are blooming, it reminds me of the spring in Phoenix and seeing the oleanders blooming everywhere. 

September



October

Confession: I got sick of paying the higher water bill, so I turned off the sprinklers. 



November




December

I have a plethora of silly lawn ornaments that I change out for the season. It has been commented that had I displayed them in the front yard in Mesa, they'd have been stolen. 

December Again


A few weeks ago I met Bliz in Branson, MO for a girl's weekend. I came home to find Buckaroo and Marty had bought and added Christmas lights to the front of the house. 


No comments:

Post a Comment