Sunday, February 11, 2024

Cheese, Beverages and Dallas

Texas Bluebell Fabric
Squee!!!
I might have mentioned this before: Marty Sunshine hates to go anywhere by himself. Anywhere. And now that the kids are older and more independent, it is left to me to honor the fine print of our marriage contract and make that !%*&$ drive with him to Dallas. 

It isn't that I don't like Dallas (okay, it's a big city. I'm done with big cities. They drain me.). It's just that I don't know my way around Dallas. And between Marty and myself, I'm the one with the better sense of direction. Anyway, for the third trip in a row, that's how I spent Saturday. 

Our first stop was a quilt store. I offered to help him find a chair and get comfortable while I looked around, but honestly, as far as quilt stores go, this one wasn't that great--though I found some Texas bluebell fabric. I've already warned him there will be other quilt shops in the future. Dallas has several. 

We then went to Winco which seems to be the closest place to us that sells this one type of coffee Marty can't seem to find anywhere else. We also stocked up on the non-perishables we can't find locally. If you need small jars of adobo chilies. Hit me up.

And, because I had to go to Dallas, I wanted a reasonable lunch. Fortunately, Dallas has restaurants. We found a place with fabulous grilled cheese sandwiches, which we shared and chased down with a flight of beer. Not necessarily a culinary paring. But hey! I live in Texarkana where "culinary pairings" include brown gravy and boiled okra. 

After lunch, we hit up Trader Joes and got Marty's tea. We bought several other things as well. My freezer is now full. And as much as I would have loved to have bought the ice cream sandwiches, I doubt they would have survived the drive home.  

On our way out of town, we stopped by Costco and ordered a cheese pizza for the young adults. They love Costco cheese pizza. Too bad we didn't buy any beer to pair it with.  


No comments:

Post a Comment