Thursday, February 1, 2024

Luna-Tic

Luna LOVES toys.

The two weeks of winter has subsided (for now). My tulips are starting to sprout. No word from my daffodils and crocus bulbs I planted, but it's only February 1st. Luna is no longer spending the day, hiding under the blankets.  (More recent pictures below because, reasons.)

The warmer weather is bringing out the puppy in her. Therefore, every day she and I go for a walk.  Unfortunately, even after copious amounts of obedience training, Luna still has a bit of a rebellious streak. Any stray squirrel, armadillo (no kidding), possum, cardinal, chickadee, blue jay or cat requires me to restrain all 70 pounds of muscle and repeatedly command her to heal. 

Plus, after we adopted her, we found out Luna had been a bait dog before we rescued her. She's been traumatized by other dogs and that's just the way it's going to be. Therefore, if any of my neighbors--which seems to be ALL of my neighbors--have their unleashed dog out in the front yard with them, I live through a special hell. 

My other option is not to take her on walks, which is like holding a tightly wound spring in my hands for hours at a time.  I'm thrilled Luna is still so active at her age. Even better, I'm glad I'm getting such a great resistance training workout every day. I just wish my arms were still the same length. 

Luna in January




Luna today, after her walk





No comments:

Post a Comment