Tuesday, February 27, 2018

She's Still Homeless

Well... guess who contacted me after three quiet weeks and wanted to see a home? In case you would have picked anyone other than Mrs. Worrier, you haven't been reading along. That's ok. Welcome to my blog.

Anyway, all I said to her was, "You still haven't found a home?" I didn't offer to help or suggest that she is causing her own drama. But the answer, of course, was no, they are homeless. They are living in seedy motels and her "lungs hurt" because of all the smoking going on in the other rooms. She also told me they are "broker than broke." I am guessing they have burned a few other bridges, given they have family in town who aren't taking them in. That is so sad.

I thought about inviting a couple of her older ones over to hang here for a while one afternoon, just to get them out of that horrible situation, but it would probably come with a dose of Mrs. Worrier. And I just have a bit too much snark at this moment to deal with her.

My heart aches for her and her family. There is nothing I feel like I can do, because all help offered tends to feed her ego instead of resolving her housing issue. I don't mean that as a slam, just an observation. I don't give alcoholics vodka either. I understand the position her husband is in. He doesn't want to be estranged from his children, and to oppose her would do so. Narcissism is a terrible illness. The whole situation is just screwed up and makes me hope for some normalcy in their lives. Hopefully they will find that peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment