Thursday, April 12, 2018

Bless His Heart, He Just Couldn't Help Himself

So taxes are finally done. Unfortunately, we had to hire a forensic CPA to dissect last year's taxes Diamond Jim handled. The Forensic CPA said at some point last week, "I am having some roadblocks with accuracy", referring to last year's taxes. Wonderful. However, those returns are now fixed and amended too.

Diamond Jim knows nothing of the headache he caused. The last time I spoke with him he asked how the (former) accidental business was going lately. And by the way, did I have any plans of going there soon?

What I found interesting about the new CPA was how clueless bold he turned out to be. When I said that my 2018 and beyond's taxes would be so much simpler he looked confused. Finally he said with the utmost sincerity and with the tone and inflection of a true right-brained accountant, "You aren't going to buy any more rentals?"




No comments:

Post a Comment