Thursday, April 26, 2018

Fishing

I have a little bit of money to advertise with from the home sale I closed last month. As a bonus, I have a mortgage company who is also willing to pony up a few bucks to get the ball rolling. The advertising partnership comes with a few strings attached.

First, the buyers go to them for loans. No problem.

Second, we are looking for clients in a few very specific neighborhoods. Not a problem. I chose the neighborhoods, based on careful analysis and knowledge of the area.

Third, I have to commit to a year of advertising. That usually isn't a problem--or it hasn't been in the past. However, I can see unless something pans out very quickly, I will be out of luck, cash and credibility with the mortgage company who is giving me this sponsorship. Of course, that is the nature of the sales game. I know it. Right now I would much rather bet on a "sure thing" than fishing in a new pond. However, sometimes one has to look for a new fishing hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment