Friday, April 20, 2018

Just a Teensy Low-Maintenance Client

There are those (my sister-in-law--Maria, Jane, Sarah my marketing rep, and many others) who feel I am not "networking" enough. I am not "getting out there" and whatever other obnoxious phrases are used for those who are supposed to be drumming up business but instead are choosing to have quiet existence instead.

I am not drumming up business. I am slightly stagnant at this moment and business is kinda trickling in. If trickle is to describe almost dried up and not moving. Of course, the way to bring in new business is to move and shake, meet folks and--from what I can tell from the likes of all the sales gurus--be as obnoxious as possible, shoving my business card into the faces of the masses, always letting people know I sell real estate and they should call me.

I just can't.

Ever.

In truth, even if I had stayed with El Jefe, I would be in this same position. There are personal matters going on in my life that have taken a front seat to working. My family needs me right now more than I need vacation money. That may change in an instant, and I am certainly not turning down new clients. But I would prefer they were a low maintenance client at this moment.

I have done nothing real estate related in the past several weeks. There were fun distractions and not so fun ones. I am still distracted. But, I would like to see what I am doing be more than a hobby with malpractice insurance. Therefore, this week I hired Scott the Graphic Artist to conjure up some postcards for me. He is also working on my newsletter--or he will be when I figure out what I want to say. Sarah my marketing rep is sending me some things to review.

Also, only because Maria SWEARS it is in my best interests (Maria, by the way, is a natural sales dynamo, plus she is from New York City and that makes her bigger than life itself anyway), I am going to do a teensy bit of networking next week. I am not sure how I feel about that last one. It requires me to eat lunch with strangers. Actually, I know exactly how I feel about that last one. My social anxiety is off the charts. But perhaps just one of these activities will bring me a client. Because I only need one right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment