Monday, April 9, 2018

The Mental Vacation


Work is kinda-sorta in a lull. I have a new listing. More on that later. My client buying the commercial building is still buying a commercial building. This one isn't in a too scary neighborhood. More on that sometime too.

Polly. Did I mention there was lots of eating? 
Since Easter I have been on a mental vacation. Oh... it has been nice. This past weekend was party central at the Sunshine home. My brother and his wife from California came to visit. So, our family (brothers, wives, niece, nephews and my 80 year old father) played, laughed and ate more than we should have. I am still giggling--except when I look at the big mess in my home that is still left for me to clean. Mr. Reader Number Two--my bonus dad--also stopped by Saturday. He was welcomed by all. After all, he was one of the family.

This coming week I have an all day real estate class. Buckaroo has golf. He might get his driver's permit. He hasn't decided. Polly has prom. I won't be here for that, which saddens me. Jane however, is coming over to help her bling up (Polly's aunts--my sister-in-laws--also gave her fashion, hair and make up advice this past weekend to prepare her). Thank goodness for Aunties, and Jane, the Bonus Auntie.

Buckaroo and Brother #1 wrestling.
Yes, those are bunny ears. 
I will be in California this coming weekend playing once again with my brother and his wife. My sister-in-law is promising me I won't have to go to a theme park. I don't think I have been to California in the past 25 years without stepping foot in a theme park. We may end up on the beach flying kites. Also, sis-in-law is telling me we will be going to Dodger Stadium but I am not allowed to cheer too loudly for the Diamondbacks during the game.

This mental vacation time ends next week and at that time I need to be back to work. Being still is a nice break, but I get bored if I do it too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment