Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Here We Go Again

I had a buyer. They were all kinds of awesome. They are moving here from the midwest for a job transfer. They are selling a home and want to buy another home. All is right in the world.

So, I set them up with the Bulldog--my loan officer of choice lately. If she can't get a loan done, nobody can. But I wasn't worried. The wife was Joanna-on-the-spot, giving all sorts of important loan documentation necessary when asked, that will make the process run so much more smoothly when they actually arrive next week and we start looking. Did I mention all is right in the world?

Until Bulldog called me this morning. "Did you know anything about this open bankruptcy they have?"

Of course not! That is the kind of tidbit, that had I known, I would have told my clients upfront this wasn't happening. I wouldn't have bugged Bulldog and asked her to invest her time either. Working for a living usually includes a financial outcome that doesn't come from tilting at windmills. I do know if one has an open bankruptcy, they aren't buying a home. Once the bankruptcy closes, they aren't buying a home (with a loan) for at least two years. So I am guessing they will be renting.

No comments:

Post a Comment