Sunday, September 23, 2018

Well, He Asked...

See how awesome this looks? I conveniently
left out the picture of the tile in the corners. 
For reasons too long for this bit of cyberspace, I decided to tile my closet this weekend. This simple project morphed into painting my stairwell and another wall. And I optimistically I thought it would take me one day. However,  project took two days (had to prepare the floor for tiling Saturday, tiled on Sunday).

The painting was something that had been on my mind for a while, and because I was already kiltzing my closet floor and the paintbrush was out, what the heck! What's another can of paint? Now, I need to expand the painting project to the other stairwell, the upstairs landing, the kitchen and Polly's bathroom. But that is not for today.

The latest robot creation by my nephew.
In addition to everything else I had going on Saturday,
I offered to babysit him last night. 
Marty cringes when I take on these types of projects. He is supportive, and helps me with the prep-work and controlling the animals. However, I don't let him actually help with the painting. Marty has an artistic style of painting that doesn't work well when covering walls (a little here, a little there...). Because he has clutter issues, I make sure to finish my projects, which goes a long way with establishing trust. But gosh! Now I am seeing other walls and rooms that need immediate attention.

Which brings me to Marty's latest comment, "Have you thought about finding a client?" His supposedly innocent question had less to do with finances and more to do with changes in his house. Knowing this, I replied, "Yes, and as soon as I do, we are replacing the floors."


No comments:

Post a Comment