Friday, December 4, 2020

Grievance Weirdness

We had our last Grievance Committee meeting of 2020. I don't know if I'm on next year's Grievance Committee. I hope so. But, I do know they rotate out people. And, because I've been pretty silent at the Association, my name may fall through the cracks. I guess I could sent out an e-mail to the Powers That Be, but right now I have enough on my plate. I will be pleasantly surprised if I'm asked to return. Part of me thinks it won't be an issue. After all, who else will read 89 pages of he-said-she-said over some of the strangest things. 

This week's meeting was more or less uneventful. There was the usual, "This agent stole my client," type complaints. We also had a member of the general public we thought was scamming the agent and was trying to publicly shame the dude. There was a lot of fluff and multi-syllable words, but no substance. We didn't think the agent actually did anything wrong. Sometimes the loudest and most obnoxious complaints don't seem as legit as some of the more mundane.  

Then there is this case. I didn't peer review it. But it struck me as strange. So, I'll pass it along to you three readers. Essentially this agent was fired by his client. The agent didn't go away. The agent continually called the lender asking for updates. The agent continually called the mother of the client (in another state) asking for updates. The agent called everyone involved asking for updates--all after he was told he was fired! He just didn't go away. 

Here's where it got interesting. Someone said it isn't an ethical violation to be a pest. I sort of wish it was. We did send him to the High Inquisitor Squad on a lesser charge, but I'm not on that committee and I don't know if it will stick. I think we were all trying to find some sort of violation to help the complainant's case, but jerks and pests often get away with more than they should.

No comments:

Post a Comment