Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Patrick-isms

My seven year old Nephew is hanging out with the Sunshine family for a couple of weeks while school is out. This way his parents don't have to pay for child care and we Sunshines can spoil him. Win-win. 

Patrick* is super-smart, and given he is my brother's child, my youngest sibling deserves this level of challenge in his life. However, I'm not sure my sister-in-law agrees. Sometimes (like yesterday) when Patrick talks to me, I start thinking of what life must have been like for DaVinci's mother or Edison's mom. Just like those mothers, my sister-in-law is a saint. 

Anyway, I don't have to raise the guy, so what comes out of Patrick's mouth is just stinkin' cute. On our ride from North Phoenix to Mesa Tuesday he told me in great detail about the difference in how nuclear reactors work compared to how nuclear bombs work. I don't really know if he is right or wrong, but it sounded good to me. 

Patrick also explained that I needed to ease up on my, "no explosions" stance in my home because he can "handle" a controlled explosion so if I would please just allow him to do what he needs to do, there won't be a problem. Auntie gave him a hard-no. He generously said he would be willing to revisit this later after I had time to think about it. 

And finally, I got an earful about Big Ben--which is actually a 13 ton bell, not a clock tower. The tower is the Elizabethan Tower where the clock and bell reside. The tower is 30 stories high and there are "about" 365 steps leading up to the bell--the second Big Ben--as the first was 16 tons and was broken from a bombing during World War 2. The clock is not electric because it was put in before there was electricity back when, "everything was in black and white." 


*His middle name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment