Sunday, January 31, 2021

I Need Another Vacation

There isn't enough time, cyber-space or sanity to tell you what the past few months have been like around the Sunshine household. Needless to say, I went to visit Jane just to get away from staring at my own four walls so I could stare at hers and wait. A few of the crazier items in our home that we had been waiting to spring to fruition were supposed to happen the week I was gone. That didn't happen, instead, while I was hanging out on Jane's couch, a whole new $**t-show landed on our lap. Jane told me I didn't have to go home. I almost didn't. 

Needless to say, lots of stuff happened last week. It is still happening. It will be happening until further notice. And it behooves me to find some houses to sell. 

I have a few clients who have been on the fence about selling. One is a delightful woman who has tenants in her house. She is in no hurry and I suspect nagging her won't necessarily get me any closer to listing the place. 

Then there's Dee--I love her! She needs to find a place for her tenants to go--like another house--before she can sell their current rental home. There's nothing currently for sale, so I don't see this happening soon.  

And of course, we have John, my brother's very nice but slightly high-strung conspiracy theorist friend,  who eventually wants to sell his mother's home in a retirement community. As we are getting to the end of the retirement community selling season (October through February), I'm not seeing this being a happy ending for the guy. Plus, I suspect the only good that will come from him as a client is blog fodder. 

As for anyone else, sure... I'm up for new clients. However, I hope they want to sell and move out of state. Finding anything to buy locally may not be in their best interests. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment