Thursday, July 20, 2023

Tyler and Back, Again

Buckaroo had a rare weekday off. He asked me if I'd go to the zoo in Tyler with him. This came two days after I'd already made the drive to Tyler. But, when my 20 year old son wants to spend time with me, who am I to argue. 

It was a two hour trip to Tyler. The thermometer said 100 degrees, but at least it wasn't a humid 100 degrees. We spent the day looking at zoo animals, talking about his job, his future, our upcoming family vacation and whatever else was on his mind. That alone was worth the four hours of driving and the heat. I'd do it again and again. 

It wasn't the worst zoo I'd been to,
but it was better than I expected for a city of 100,000. 




Buck, feeding a cockatiel. 



This melting bear pretty much summed
up what every animal was doing at the zoo. 



Auntie and Cousin Buck may
have gotten Patrick another Texas shirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment