Thursday, August 3, 2023

My Favorite Remarkably Bright Creature

On my walk this morning.
I am sitting in front of the window at the 1937 cottage on Henderson Lake, Michigan right now. Bonus Dad is next to me. I brought him a copy of, Remarkably Bright Creatures, and he hasn't put it down. I was slightly nervous to give him this story, as it isn't a sci-fi or a  mystery (his two preferred genres). Now, I'm a bit tickled. In fact, he wanted to put off our afternoon trip into Tawas by an hour or two because he is into his book. 

Bonus Dad is the most remarkably bright of the remarkably bright creatures I've ever encountered. A retired engineer, he is my go-to for trivia, logic and sound advice. 

My crowning achievement in Trivial Pursuit was the day I beat him by one question. I got lucky. My question was, "What color moves first in a game of chess."  

No comments:

Post a Comment