Friday, August 25, 2023

Try This in a Big City

I had an appointment at 10 a.m. today "across town." 

I left my home at 9 and went to the grocery store. I bought two pork loins, pork chops, Brussel's sprouts, apples, milk, a bottle of moscato, egg noodles, an onion, tomato paste, and a few other things. In other words, this was not a "just run in for a quick second" kind of trip. 

While checking out, the dude in front of me had some sort of mishap with his debit card, which held up the line. Afterwards, friendly Miss Connie (my cashier), took her time ringing up my purchase, talking about her favorite fried green tomato recipe and--of course--the weather. Did you know it is hot in Texas in August? The only response is, "It sure is!" But it doesn't move the grocery line any faster.

Rushing home, I dropped off the groceries, hugged Polly and took off again. 

Because it was on the way, I ran into my insurance agent's office to deliver a form they needed. Now then, one doesn't just "drop of a piece of paper" in the South. However, that little visit may get me some additional freelance work and hopefully cheaper insurance rates.

And the best news: I made it to my appointment by 9:57.

No comments:

Post a Comment